It is an ancient temple dedicated to Lord Shiva surrounded by thick Cedar trees. It is located 38 km from Lansdowne at an altitude of 1800 m to the north east of Lansdowne on road Lansdowne-Deriyakhal.
Lansdowne (town) is one of the quietest hill stations of India and is popular since Britishers came to India. Lansdowne is unlike other hill stations as it is well connected with motorable roads but remote in its own way. It is situated at an altitude of 1,700mts above sea level surrounded with thick oak and blue pine forests in the Pauri Garhwal district of Uttarakhand state. Lansdowne got its name from Lord Lansdowne, who was the then Viceroy of India during the period of 1888 - 1894. Presently, Lansdowne has the command office of the Garhwal Rifles division of the Indian Army.